Monday 31 May 2010

Snow Crash



"Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial-arts monastery in China and studied real hard for ten years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, and devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad.
Hiro used to feel this way, too, but then he ran into Raven. In a way, this was liberating. He no longer has to worry about being the baddest motherfucker in the world. The position is taken."

And that man is Raven, from the book Snow Crash. This is my take on Dmitri Ravinoff, the glass knife wielding nuclear badass.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, but you forgot the wraparound sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete